Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh No! I Married One of Those!

I was excited for the honeymoon! I mean! We went to Hawaii! But no one told me that when we got home he would sleep through his alarm clock every morning. OR that he would make us late everyday. Doesn't he know that Early is on time, on time is late, and late is rude? I like to be early and he likes to be.... not so early. When I got married, I didn't realize I married one of THOSE people.

Ok, none of that actually happened to me after I got married. He's actually the one that likes to be early, definitely not me. AND we went to Disneyland.. not Hawaii. But similar things did happen to us, like when I was expected to help drive even though I grew up with only my Dad would drive... that was weird. But think about it, when you grow up in a family you get used to things being a certain way and its hard not to get annoyed when things aren't done just so. But the first thing to realize however, is that he's going through the same thing. It's a process, combining lives is. You guys both come from backgrounds with good ideas of how to get the same task done in different ways. You just have to find which one's will be best for the both of you. But the most important part of everything is to talk about the expectations you guys have. If you saw your dad do something your whole life and defined that as "that means he loves mom", but then when your husband doesn't do it, you might begin to wonder if loves you. Don't worry, he does. He just shows it differently. Talking about your differences in expectations, and defining your boundaries is the BIGGEST divorce insurance you could ever invest in. Don't expect someone to read your mind, because they can't quite do that until you've been married for like a hundred years. And even then, you will probably have to still talk because you have so much memory loss. :]


So you may have married one of THOSE. But its not a reason to freak out, its a way to grow together in compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment