Monday, December 12, 2011

Divorce.... When is it time to call it quits?

When someone is being physically or mentally harmed because of a marriage.

Of course there are different exceptions. But for the most part I think that marriages can be saved.

I probably sound like an idealist, huh?

Well I can tell you, I haven't thought this always. I have seen pains beyond pains of loved ones, very close to me that have lived on the edge of divorce for years. Longer than I've been alive. I have wished for them to just end it. End everything so they could be happy. The happiest I have ever seen them was when they were separated. So why did they still keep trying?

Let me tell you something that I've come to realize.

Just because they were the happiest I ever saw them while they were apart, doesn't mean that's the happiest they could ever be.

I know that bad things happen to good people. And bad things can tear good people apart. But when you've known such pain and how passionate they can be with their emotions, think of how much more it would mean when they can honestly say I LOVE YOU after years of YOU HAVE HURT ME BADLY.

It's hard. It's hard to look someone in they eyes who has hurt you, and hurt you bad and say. I forgive you. Harder even to mean it. But once you can honestly say that. Honestly mean it. And honestly put your trust back in that person.

Powerful things happen.

I know it for a fact. I've done it. Not with someone who I was about to divorce. But someone nearly equally as close.

I've seen the change forgiveness can facilitate. I have become a different person. And the person I forgave has completely changed in my eyes, and in his own. You grow and become a new person when you can allow honest -no secret compartments of harsh feelings left inside you- forgiveness to be apart of your life.

Divorce is a cop out. And 70% of people who have gone through a divorce say two years later that they realized they could have and should have saved their marriage.

Really. Divorce is too easy. The things that come hard are the things that can give us the most joy. They are the things we come to cherish most.

Don't be part of that 70%.
Never give up unless abuse is present.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment